My name is Stephan Bester and I produce music for video games! I'm actually a software developer by trade, but I've been captivated by video game and film music from a young age.
Some of my influences are:
- 16-bit console games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Rocket Knight Adventures and Ristar
- Many anime including the legendary Robotech soundtrack by Ulpio Minucci, Arlon Ober, etc.
- Most things by Nobuo Uematsu, especially the soundtrack for Final Fantasy VII
- Classic computer games like Rise of the Triad and Duke Nukem 3D (Lee Jackson is good!)
- StarCraft, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the list goes on...
I started slapping MIDI tunes together in Music Masterworks in the 90s with no clue about music theory. After a couple of music lessons and a lot of fooling around, I eventually started putting together things that I'm proud of, and I hope you enjoy them too. Today, my tools of choice are Steinberg Cubase and Native Instruments Kontakt with a whole bunch of sample libraries like EastWest Studios Quantum Leap and ERA Medieval Legends. I don't sing or play an instrument. I do spend an unreasonable amount of time placing and adjusting notes on a piano roll.
Have a browse through my portfolio of game soundtracks. 🎵
You can also listen to my music directly on the following websites:
To support my music, you can buy some of my albums here:
For updates, follow me on social media: